Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Self-Assessment of online listening to podcasts

The first podcast which I have listened to is named "Long-Weekend Fun". It lasted almost 16 minutes and was fot a intermediate speaker. The podcast was a dialogue between two people about their three day weekend. I listened to it only once, it wasn't difficult. The speakers were talking at an average speed and I couldn't feel strong accent in their talk, so it was quite easy to understand.
The second podcast I have listened to is named "Leaving a voicemail message". It lasts 13 minutes and a half. It's also for intermediate speaker. The speaker gives a piece of good advice how to leave a polite and professional voicemail message. The podcast wasn't difficult to listen. The speaking speed was average and there were only a few unknown words, but it was easy to understand them from the context.
I think listening to podcasts and similar tasks help to improve listening skills. I liked this task.

No comments: